A tighter more toned tum sounds perfect for 2022, doesn’t it? Well, we have the key to unlock those toned abs you’ve been dreaming about. Let’s make toning your core as convenient for you as possible, so forget that dreaded journey to the overcrowded gym! We have 5 exercises to get you in your best shape yet, without having to leave the house.
- Mountain Climber
The mountain climber is bound to work up a sweat while targeting your core abdominal muscles. This exercise not only helps lose any stubborn belly fat and reveal your abs, but also helps you maintain an upright posture. Here’s how you can do the mountain climber at home in just 5 easy steps:
- Start in a high plank, keeping your hands flat on the floor, shoulder width apart and your legs extended
- Keep your back flat and your core tight while you draw your right knee to your chest
- Return to a plank and repeat with the left knee. Well done! You have completed rep 1
- Continue to alternate, getting faster each time but still maintaining form
- Start by doing 10 mountain climbers in a row. Strive for 25-30 to boost your workout if you feel capable. You’ll feel stronger in no time!
Be your own hero by tightening and toning your core, with the help of the Superman. The superman exercise is an effective exercise for people of all fitness levels, targeting your lower back muscles, glutes, hamstrings, and abs. Follow these three steps or watch the short demonstration video below:
- Get on all fours on the ground
- Simultaneously, lift and extend your right arm in front of you and kick your left leg backwards, keeping both arm and leg straight and in line with your torso
- Hold for 15 seconds and return to the original position. Next, swap to your left arm and right leg
- Aim to complete at least 5 reps to start. Increase the number of reps as you continue to build your strength
- Leg Lift
What if I told you, you could lay down and strengthen your core at the same time? Leg lifts are a convenient and effective way of toning and strengthening your lower abdominal muscles. Follow these three steps to learn how you can engage your core in the easiest way:
- Lie on the floor, facing up with your legs extended and arms by your side
- Slowly lift both of your legs up together and hold for 10 seconds
- Aim to complete 5 leg lifts and increase the reps as your strength increases
- Side Plank
The side plank is the perfect exercise if you are looking to burn calories and strengthen your core at the same time. If your aim is to targets your obliques then this is the exercise for you. Here’s how you can complete the perfect side plank:
- Lie on your side, and prop your upper body on your elbow, keeping your elbow directly below your shoulder
- Raise your hips off the floor, hold this position for 10-15 seconds or longer if possible
- Switch to your other side and repeat the process
- Rest and repeat 3 to 5 times, slowly increasing duration when you feel your core strengthen
- Challenge yourself to our Evolve Abs ‘Plank Partner’ programme that stimulates your abs for 2 minutes!
- Ab Crunch
Are you smashing these exercises already and want to push yourself that extra mile? The ab crunch targets your rectus abdominis and by building this core ab muscle and maintaining a low body fat percentage, you will see those much desired toned abs. Follow these short steps to elevate your workout with an ab crunch:
- Lie on your back and bend your knees to a 90-degree angle, hip width apart supporting your neck by placing your hands behind your head
- Lift your shoulders and squeeze your abdominal muscles
- Return to starting position and relax
- Repeat the process 20 times
We know that starting the journey to achieve your ideal shape can be challenging, but we are here to make it as easy as possible. These exercises will help you achieve those goals. When you add your Slendertone into the mix, you’re bound to see the firming and toning results of a stronger core. We always recommend using Slendertone as a complement to your healthy and active lifestyle to help you tone your way to a stronger you. Remember – you need to get it on your body for it to work!
Check out our range of body toning devices on our website here.