As the darker nights draw in and the temperature starts to drop, cravings for carbohydrate-rich foods get more and more common.
So we’ve got the ultimate winter warming recipe just for you. Full of carbohydrates, healthy fats, protein and most importantly, flavour. This is healthy, heart-warming comfort food that's guaranteed to calm the cravings and fill you up.
Best of all, once prepped, it only takes 30 minutes - just enough time to fit in a Slendertone workout.
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Yellow Pepper, diced into cubes
- ½ Tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Purée
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 400g Tin Mixed Beans, drained and rinsed
- 125g Basmati Brown Rice, to serve
Optional: Add Chicken or Turkey Breasts if desired, diced
- 100g Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
For the salsa and topping:
- 1 Tomato, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 Spring Onions, thinly sliced
Preparation is key, so once you have your ingredients prepared and ready, you will have the meal cooked in 30 minutes, the same amount of time we recommend you to wear your Slendertone ab belt!
- Melt coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently for three minutes, stirring regularly, add chicken or turkey breast here if desired. Add the yellow pepper and cook for two minutes.
- Stir in the spices (chilli powder, ground cumin, coriander) and cook for a few seconds, then add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and mixed beans. Pour over 300ml of cold water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Season with a little salt and ground black pepper and cook for 30 minutes on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until thick.
- Meanwhile, half-fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the brown basmati rice and let simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- To make the tasty salsa, mix the tomato, coriander, and spring onions together in a bowl.
- To serve, drain the rice and divide between two bowls. Spoon the Mexican Bean Stew over the rice and spoon on the salsa. Serve with the yoghurt and lime wedges.
Don’t forget to share your #slendertonerecipe creation on Instagram!